- Before start please read the Instructions and Admission Eligibility carefully.
- You will require a passport size colored photographs (240 W * 300 H pixels) to be uploaded later.
- You will require a scnned signature (300 W * 80 H pixels) to be uploaded later.
- You can pay application fee online using BKash. (Online processing fee will be charged.)
- You/somebody on your behalf can also deposit the application fee in cash at East West University Admission office, Aftabnagar, Dhaka.
Admission Eligibility for Undergraduate Program (except B.Pharm.):
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 in both SSC and HSC Examinations (Minimum GPA 2.40 in Diploma in Engineering under Bangladesh Technical Eduation Board). or
- Candidates must have passed University of London and Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level in at least five subjects and ‘A’ Level in at least two subjects. Only the best five subjects in ‘O’ Level and best two subjects in ‘A’ Level will be considered. Out of these seven subjects, a candidate must have at least 4B’s or GPA of 4.00 in the four subjects and 3 C’s or GPA of 3.5 in the remaining three subjects. (in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and E=1)
- American High School Diploma (GED diploma is not acceptable), AND
- Acceptable EWU Admission Test Score.
- Total GPA of 5.00 in both SSC and HSC Examinations for the children of Freedom Fighter.
- The final selection of candidates for admission in the Undergraduate Programs at EWU will be based on the Admission Test scores obtained with 75% from admission test, 10% from SSC/O-level and 15% from HSC/A-level.
Admission Eligibility for Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) program:
- Candidate must be a citizen of Bangladesh. Foreign students can only apply against Government allocated seats.
- Candidates must have SSC/ or equivalent & HSC/ or equivalent examinations in both Science groups with a minimum aggregate GPA of 8.00 (on a total scale of 10) and not less than a GPA of 3.50 (on a scale of 5) on any examination. Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry & Biology in both SSC/ or equivalent and HSC/ or equivalent examinations with a minimum GPA 4.00 (on a scale of 5).
- However, candidates who failed in Mathematics or did not take Mathematics at the HSC/ “A” level or recognized equivalent examinations may be admitted, but they need to take an extra course (3 credits) on Mathematics relevant to B. Pharm. Curriculum.
- Candidate must have a GPA of 4.0 (on a scale of 5) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology separately and a minimum GPA of 3.50 in Mathematics (on a scale of 5) in HSC/recognized equivalent (except A level) examination. Candidate must have a ‘B’ grade in Physics, Chemistry & Biology separately and a” C" grade in Mathematics in “A” level examination.
- Student eligible to get admission in the Department of Pharmacy in 2023 must have passed their HSC or recognized equivalent examination in 2021 or 2022.
- Foreign students must have passed 12 academic years. Students must collect the equivalent certificate from the Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh (PCB) by providing a specified fee.
- Admission should be based on a competitive written test. In addition to the written test, an oral test may be taken for further assessment.
- Newly admitted students must complete their online pre-registration process in PCB within the first three months of their first semester through the Department of Pharmacy of EWU.
* ”Recognized equivalent” means Intermediate and Secondary Education Board, Bangladesh; Bangladesh Madrasah Education Board; Diploma in Pharmacy Course conducted by Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh.